The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.” – Charles Kettering
I was 20 when Desperate Housewives first came on air. I watched the show religiously with my mum for 2 seasons. Something happend after that I really don’t recall, but I stopped watching. I tuned into tonight because my favorite show, The Goodwife, is over for this season.
I sat there mesmerized watching these 4 women move on with their lives and came to the realization that change, as scary as it can be is a great thing.
We may not like it, or think its for the best, but change makes us take steps in directions that we feel that we are not ready for.
Things that have happened in the last 8 years:
- Graduated with a BSc. in MicroBiology, along with a MSc. in MicroBiology
- Toured around Europe and Asia
- Toured around North and South America
- Successfully started and operated 2 businesses, one of them a non-profit.
- Sit on multiple boards for organizations.
- My baby sister finished her first year of university.
- Assisted with launching 8 businesses and helped expand numerous others.
- Bought and paid for 2 cars
- Was in a horrible car accident where I has a guardian angel watch over me and we walked away unharmed.
- Was a bridesmaid 7 times.
- GOT SERIOUS ABOUT MY DEBT.
- Did all of the above will working full time for the same company doing different roles.
What have you done, and how have you changed over the last 8 years?