A follow up to 11 cheap christmas gifts ideas for Co-workers.
Christmas is right around the corner, and even though I am done my shopping, I am still helping friends out with their shopping. It seems like most people are on a tight budget this year and are looking to personalize each gift without spending a fortune. There isn’t a lack of cheap christmas gift ideas out there, but some of them are really corny. I mean just because it is cheap doesn’t make it good. I love presents, I love giving them more than receiving them, but it is always nice to have someone give something that shows that they put some thought into it. Group buying sites such as Groupon, Teambuy and Livingsocial are especially popular and handy this time of year as they will offer up some great deals at really low costs. Here are some cheap christmas gift ideas;
- Cookie ingredients: Know someone who loves to bake? Fill a glass jar with all the dry ingredients needed to make cookies. Write out the recipe and attach it to the lid with a red or green ribbon.
- Movie night basket: You can find DVDs on sale for $2 or $3 at many department stores. Get some wine, and make some pasta and have a few friends over. There is no better present than that.
- Puzzles: Puzzles are fun for every age group and are ideal for family game nights.
- Small photo albums: Buy a small photo album at a drugstore or craft store and fill it with memorable pictures of you and your friend or family member. I bought a Groupon for my friend who I travel with. I am making an album for her from our Europe trips.
- Knit something. I like knitting scarfs. They are the easiest thing to make.
- Make jewelry. Youtube it. Most cities have craft store where you can buy all the supplies for 15 pair of earrings for under $15. Spend sometime and figure out out how to make them look nice.
- Pashminas. Every year, the mall kiosk fill up with shawl stands. Sometimes you can work out a deal with them.
- Video games. This is the only reason why my guy friends put up with me most of the time. Also, you can find them cheaper online, so do your research.
- Favourite sports team hat. The important part is to find out what their favorite team is. I keep a list handy
I have a friend in Australia who has been sending christmas cards for the last 10 years, and each year she writes a personalized anecdote in it. That is the best present of all.