In case you’re wondering why this carnival is called “Fire Starter Sessions”, its because thats that book I was reading when the notification on my laptop reminded me that it was time to get the Total Money Carnival up. If you’re interested in included in the next carnival, please see here.
Also, I found a 90′s pop channel on Spotify and have been listening to it nonstop. They really need to get Spotify in Canada soon.
Here are the Editor’s pick for this week: (my comments are in italics)
- Paul Vachon presents Save Money on Auto Repair with These Web Apps posted at The Frugal Toad. I love tech, and I any thing that save you money and time. Both combined is like winning the lottery for me. Back to my nerdy corner now.
- Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey presents Is a Wedding Worth the Down Payment on a House? posted at My Personal Finance Journey. Weddings have been an ongoing discussion on this blog. Especially the ever ballooning costs of it.
- eemusings presents So you want to be a writer… posted at Musings of an Abstract Aucklander. Why, yes I do. How did you know?
- Robert presents 5 Warning Signs You’re Being Scammed posted at The College Investor. Excellent read.
- Katie presents Our Challenge: Give Up Your Car For A Week posted at Money Saving Superstars.
- Leanne presents Cash in on Spring Cleaning posted at Money Challenge.
- Steve Zussino presents My Ultimate Travel Tip to Save Money – House Swap! posted at Canadian Personal Finance.
- Penny Thots presents How to Breathe New Life into Old Clothes posted at Penny Thots.
- Cherie presents Where is the lowest cost of living in the United States? posted at Christian Personal Finance.
- Miss T. presents 7 Ways to Save Money on Dinner posted at Prairie Eco Thrifter.
- Steve Zussino presents 10 ways Canadians can save money at the movies posted at Grocery Alerts.
- Sean presents Money Saving Workout Routines for a Fit Recession-ista posted at One Smart Dollar.
- Lance presents Business Mileage Reimbursement – Do You Really Make Money? posted at Money Life & More.
- Michael presents Wedding Budget 101 — A Full Look at My Real Wedding Costs posted at PT Money Personal Finance.
- Diva presents How much is happiness worth to you? posted at Diva in Debt.
- Earth and Money presents Are We an Impatient Society? posted at Earth and Money.
- Roshawn Watson presents 10 Reasons To Seek Abundance posted at Watson Inc.
- Barbara Friedberg presents Save Money on Food; How to Not Eat Through Your Wallet No Matter How High the Fiber Content posted at Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance.
- Geoffrey @ Financial Highway presents TFSA vs RRSP Which is Better? posted at Financial Highway.
- SB presents How to Control Stock Trading Impulses posted at One Cent at a Time.
- Mr. Money presents How Scammers Use Personal Information to Fool You posted at Smart on Money.
- Peter presents Should You Combine Finances After Marriage? posted at Bible Money Matters.
- Squeezer presents What is a credit card balance transfer? posted at Personal Finance Success.
- J.P. presents The Complete Shareholder Proxy Vote Guide posted at Novel Investor.
- Bethy presents “Duets” – Money Lessons from Singing Superstars posted at Credit Karma Blog.
- Shawanda Greene presents 5 Mistakes Single Women Make with Men and Money posted at You Have More Than You Think.
- Jason presents 8 Ideas to Make the Most of Your Next Business Trip posted at One Money Design.
- Alunda Marks presents Getting Laid Off: 10 Things You Should Do Before This Happens posted at My Take on Money.
- Lazy Man presents Profiles of Success: Getting Into Some Monkee Business posted at Lazy Man and Money.
- Karen Bryan presents Should You Work from Your Home? posted at Help Me To Save.
- Sandy presents I Bought A Rental Home With My 401K posted at Yes, I am Cheap.
- Eric J. Nisall presents My Experience With Chase For A HARP 2.0 Refinance posted at DollarVersity.
- Todd Tresidder presents What Big Wall Rock Climbing Can Teach You About Wealth Building posted at Financial Mentor.
- Glen Craig presents Tradeking and Zecco to Merge – More Capabilities, Same Great Pricing posted at Free From Broke .
- FMF presents 80-20 Your Investments posted at Free Money Finance.
- AverageJoe presents Meeting an Advisor? Understand Fees by Bringing this Checklist posted at The Free Financial Advisor.
- Emily presents Why Do Stay-at-Home Parents Need Their Own Credit Cards? posted at Evolving Personal Finance.
- Michelle presents Where’s My Experian FICO Score? posted at Card Hub.
- Jason presents 5 Ds of Identity Theft posted at Live Real, Now.
- Stephen presents BofA’s New Travel Cards – It’s Cute How They Try posted at NerdWallet.
- Roger the Amateur Financier presents Book Review – Put More Cash In Your Pocket posted at The Amateur Financier.
- Emily presents How to Prioritize Your Debts posted at Cash Money Life.