Home loan applications can be declined for a wide range of reasons. Do not sulk around hoping for a miracle. Instead of focusing on the reasons why you can’t get the home loan you desire, it will be more practical to find ways that will increase your chances of approval.
Over the past years, success rates for home loan applications in Cape Town have been declining, developments elsewhere in South Africa experience even worse fates, with very low rates of success.
With very few home buyers succeed to get their home loans approved, banks’ and lenders’ property loan businesses also experience stunted growth. Loan providers cannot simply hand out loan approvals despite their desire for business growth because many loan applicants and home buyers fail to qualify due to bad credit scores—which is one of the main reasons for the number of declines that banks and loan providers hand out.
This said, improving your credit score and building on your financial behaviour towards the creditors is one of the best ways to improve your chances of acquiring loan approval. Here are some of the things that affect your credit scoring:
- The way you handle your payments and dues – The balance owing on your credit accounts as well as the type of accounts you have and how they are handled (whether or not you pay your creditors back on time and in full), are all taken into account when determining your credit score.
- The number of years you have been a borrower – Longer credit histories tend to have a positive impact on credit scores, provided that you stay current on your payments.
- Your available income – The amount that you allocate to pay for your debt to creditors also affects your credit score.
- Default listings – Bank and retail store default listings remain on credit profiles for 2 years. Any judgment against them will also remain on a credit profile for another five.
- Actual credit score – Scores higher than 660 are considered very good credit ratings, while those with scores lower than 620 may find it more difficult to obtain credit and loans as they are regarded as high risk. Consumers with credit scores in the higher brackets naturally have greater chances of obtaining financing.
Technology even makes it more difficult to cover bad credit. With the advent of electronic database information and companies sharing credit records, there is definitely no place to hide bad credit scores, which is why it is very important to maintain good credit rating with all companies. A delinquency on your smallest credit account can still influence your credit score and this kind of information can be made available to any credit or loan provider through credit rating agencies. This said, consumers can do free credit record checks during a 12-month period as per the National Credit Act, which allows you to make sure that your credit record reflects the correct history.
Obtaining a clean credit record for a better chance of obtaining a home loan is as simple as paying your credit accounts on time and in full. You also have to avoid maxing out your credit limits and avoid multiple accounts or opening several new accounts in a short span of time. It is also a good idea to reestablish credit on previously mismanaged accounts, and act on creditor mandates—especially legal actions—immediately.
If you are still unsuccessful in obtaining a home loan, it may be high time to seek help from professional financial advisers and loan experts who can assist you through the process and help you find the best loan providers that will likely approve your loan requests.
About The Company:
Since its inception in 2008, ProfiCredit Online Cash Loans which is a part of a network of financial websites has been assisting customers by offering advice and providing comprehensive information about the finance providers online in the South African market.
Their primary focus is on demystifying the large and complex network of loan providers by offering verified information. ProfiCredit Online Cash Loans give relevant and necessary information on obtaining a loan ranging from personal loan to business loan. They also help people who have bad credit history by providing relevant information about loan providers in the South African market.