As the title suggests, I am relaxing at the cottage this weekend. Well relaxing might not be the right word, since I am doing work, but still.
This week has been interesting. It took a few days to get back in the swing of things, and start feeling productive again. Week one of 2012 is over, only 51 more weeks to go.
Here are some of my favourite posts from last week:
- I’m nosey and like seeing what bloggers are earning, so you can understand why I love Derek’s Monthly Income Report on Life and my Finances.
- The same goes for Crystal’s December 2011 Blog Income and Stats, on Budgeting in the Fun Stuff.
- Ericka has her December Recap up on Newly Weds on a Budget.
- And The Tight Fisted Miser has his December Income up as well. I am jealous.
- I also like reading realistic goals from smart bloggers. Here is Young and Thrifty’s 2011 goals review.
- Nelson Smith is one of my favourite bloggers, he’s opinionated, smart, and uses a lot of words in his posts. His latest post (not involving “hot chicks”) “I think I figured out why Frugality is so popular” is a great read, even though his twitter pic makes it hard to take him seriously.
- When I was 19, I worked in a gym, and our busiest time was in January because everyone wanted to lose weight. Our slowest time was end of Feburary through April when the same people gave up on their goals. Financial Samurai explains why the Ideal Body weight Pisses him off and what he is planning on doing about it.
- Remember when I said I wanted to read more in 2012? Well Paula, from Afford Anything, has a great review on The Art of Contrarian Trading. This is going to number 13 on my to-read list.
- Have you heard of Yakezie? If not, then do yourself a favour and look it up. Money Cactus has a great post about the Yakezie Truth Serum.
- I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets, well gadgets of any kind. Denise at The Single Saver explains why you should save your money, and don’t buy these kitchen gadgets.
Thank you to the following hosts for including me in this week’s Carnivals and Link Love:
- The Carnival of Financial Camaraderie on My University Money
- Totally Money Carnival On Help Me to Save.
- Festival Of Frugality on Funny about Money.
- Canadian Finance Carnival on Canadian Finance Blog.
- Pam’s Picks on Money Trail.
- What’s New this week on Boomer and Echo.
- Friday Grapevine on Totally Money.
- Weekend Reading on My Own Advisor
- Yakezie Carnival on The Ultimate Juggle