I finally made it home last night after a few days away and found snow. Lots of it. I am not a huge fan of it, but I do love snowboarding so I am rather excited to head out the rest of the day. It seems like we’ve hardly had a winter this year ( not that I’m complaining) but I missed the hills so I don’t want to pass this up.
But first I wanted to highlight some of my favorite posts from the past week:
- 8 reasons why Renting is better than owning a home on Broke Professionals
- Pinterest: Harmless Fun or enabler on So Over Debt. I love Pinterest but I also have an addictive personality so I try to go on too often.
- Frozen Yogurt is Crack on Budgeting in the Fun Stuff. I love frozen yogurt as well.
- Saving money on the things you need on The Frugal Toad
- CPP is a bit of a mystery, luckily Boomer and Echo have a post which explains the Canadian Pension Plan quite well.
- For a good chuckle/giggle go check Add-Vodka’s post on Shit My MIL says.
- Ways to lower you cell phone costs One Cent at a Time.
- Kevin shares “Three things my tax returns say about me” on Invest it Wisely
- American Debt Project has a great guest post, A Financed Lifestyle is no Lifestyle at All, on Personal Finance Whiz.
- How to make baby food on Sustainable Personal Finance
- Tips to get the most out of Couponing on Sense to Save
- The best travel tip I have learned on Good Cents Saving
Carnivals and Roundups:
- Totally Money Carnival on 20′s Finances
- Festival of Frugality
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie on My University Money
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie on Boomer and Echo
- Weekend Roundup Newlyweds on a Budget.
- Weekend Scoop Bucksome Boomer
- Tips of the Week Frugal Toad
- Weekend Roundup on Networth Protect
- Weekly Roundup on Buying Stocks online.
- Planning and Personal Investment Articles this Week on The Skilled Investor
Giveaways happening this week:
- $25 Amazon Gift Card on Retire by 40
- $25 Amazon Gift Card on Master the Art of Saving
- $25 Amazon Gift Card on Thad Thoughts
- $141.20 Giveaway on My Personal Finance Journey
- H&R Block Tax Giveaway (CDN only) on Sustainable Personal Finance
Let me know if I missed any and I’ll happily add it to my next one.