So as some of you might know, I’ve spent the last week working Miami. The weather has been great which motivated me to get as much done as early as possible so I spend my day on the beach. The plan worked!
Its no secret that I am a sports fanatic and watch anything from baseball to basketball, and all the sports that include a ball. As a result of this obsession I went to a pub to watch the Miami Heat vs OKC Thunder game. Lets just say that I dislike Miami, dislike Lebron even more. Needless to say it got pretty awkward when you’re one of 3 people cheering for a different team in a pub of 400. Thankfully, its one of the few times that being a girl saved my butt.
Anyhoo, on to the links this week:
- Save Money on Alcohol This Summer on Add-Vodka. Its perfectly timed for the summer.
- Staycation: Better for Your Wallet and the Environment on Sustainable Personal Finance. Being the travel fiend that I am, this is an interesting new perspective.
- Why Declaring Bankruptcy Should Be Your Last Resort on Boomer and Echo. Ps. Robb just had a baby girl.
- The “No One Cares What You Wear” Experiment on From Shopping to Saving. Erika has an interesting outcome to her theory. I’m tempted to try this, but I’m too chicken to.
- The Irresponsibility Of Borrowing Money To Borrow More Money on Financial Samurai. Would you put a the down payment of a new car on a credit card?
- Freelancing Revenue Report: My First Three Months in the Trenches on Invest it Wisely. Kevin documents his first 3 months. Being the huge supporter of entrepreneurship that I am, Kevin’s account is a reality check that not all ventures are successful overnight. It takes a lot of work to be successful, and it doesn’t happen overnight. I’m excited to see where Kevin is in the next 3 months.