I started this blog on May 16th 2011
My goal is to eliminate my student debt and increase my savings. I hope to do so by reducing my overall spending and increasing my side income. Since I am planning on purchasing a house in the next 3 years as well, I want to make sure that I didn’t have student debt holding me down.
I started with $30,000 of debt in total consisting of student and credit card debt.
Create a short and long budget term.
Short term (12 months)
- Eliminate the lowest credit card with the lowest amount, while continuing to make payments on the other two outstanding debts.
- Reduce usage of credit cards and rely solely on cash. If I do use credit cards, make sure the balances are cleared at the end of the month.
- Establish a two fold savings plan consisting of an Emergency Fund, and an investment plan.
- Take a 3 week trip to South America.
- Make an extra $10,000 to snowball debt.
Long Term (24-36 months)
- Clear all student debt.
- Save for a down payment for a house.
- Save for a new car.
- Actively manage my portfolio.
My goals for 2012 are:
- Reduce debt by $10,000 overall
- Build a better stock portfolio (In progress)
- Run the half Marathon by the end of October.
- Get a part-time job or find a new way to make an extra $15,000 this year.
This list will most likely keep getting updated as I think of new goals to add.
I nice to see that you have running a half Marathon on there, make sure to update us on that one.
Sorry I meant “It’s nice”