Coming up cheap christmas gift ideas is difficult, especially when it has to do with co-workers. I always suggest Secret Santa, that way I only have to buy one present instead of 8-12. We try to put a cap of my much you can spend at work. This makes it a bit more reasonable for everyone to participate.To be honest, most times I don’t know my co-workers well enough to get them something truly personal. I have recently started to kick my Ebay and Etsy habit, it is a bit harder to think of creative things to get, and I don’t like being that one who got them socks. Believe me, it has happened at work before. Sometimes you can get away with giving them a card with a nice message inside. The key is to write something genuine, otherwise it is a waste of paper. If you have to get a present, here are some ideas for cheap christmas ideas for co-workers;
- Fast food gift card: All the large fast food chains have gift cards or coupon books. These make a good gift for kids or parents who are always on the go.
- A small gift basket: You can find pretty baskets at any dollar store for as low as $1. Fill the basket with a box of tea and a festive mug, or a few dollars worth of Christmas candies and cookies. If it’s a gift for a child, you can create a cute basket with little toys and stickers.
- Christmas books: You can find holiday classics like A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens for as low as $1, either online at stores like Amazon, or at your local bookstore. You can write a nice message to the recipient in the front cover of the book.
- Holiday ornaments: This is a memorable gift that can be used year after year. You can find boxed ornaments for under $5 at department stores and arts and crafts stores. Did you know you can get ones with sports teams on it them? Like these.
- Candles: Most stores carry candles for under $5. Look for holiday scents like gingerbread, pine and vanilla. If you want to go do something fancier try these ones.
- Guest soaps: Many people display guest soaps in their bathrooms. Wrap in coloured cellophane or tie together with a ribbon. Try these.
- A decent coffee mug with coffee. They will thank you for it. My teammate got me this last year and I use it everyday.
- A brooch. Ladies love this, especially the older, classier ones. It instantly dresses up any outfit. You can usually find “antique” ones fairly cheap.
- Photo frames. Stores like blacks and walmart usually have these on sale. Find a nice one, print out a nice picture and give it to them as optional art.
- Wine. Enough said.
- Cigars. You’d be surprised as to how well this goes over for men. They love it.
- Earrings. Fairly cheap, yet can be customizable. You can find really nice ones for under $20. Like these.
Please don’t give anyone snowglobes. No one wants them.